Recipe by 4-H Mom
I used to make this recipe for my children when they were young.
Top Review by LainieBug
Very easy recipe and we really enjoyed this applesauce. After cooking, I used a potato masher to mash the apples up a little bit and it was still chunky. I wanted to use up all the apples I had, so used just a bit over 3 lbs but didn't change the rest of the ingredients and it worked fine.
- 3 lbs tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apples, brown sugar, apple juice, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in large heavy saucepan, cover. Cook over medium low heat 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat. Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 month.