I found this recipe in Mom's "shoe box recipe box" It is a hand written recipe and I have no idea where it came from. I haven't tried this yet, but plan to. Update: I have now made this and agree that 2 cups of cranberries are definitely needed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and core apples; cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in large pot with 4 cup water, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and cranberries. Bring to boiling.
- 2Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 20 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce is thickened. Check halfway through cooking. If mixture is dry, add 2 tablespoons water.
- 3Uncover pot and mash apples with fork until pulpy. Stir in lemon juice.
- 4Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Apple and Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g