I came up with this recipe the other night when my wife and girls wanted Alyssa's Favorite Fish, Alyssa's Favorite Fish. I didn't feel like fish so I tried this, I think you will enjoy it. I used whole wheat spaghetti for the pasta, and regular olive oil, you could use what you like. I was hoping to have some of this left over for the next day but I ate it all that night. I put down 2-4 servings but I ate it in one. Sorry!! Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whole grain pasta
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1Cook pasta per box directions, set aside.
- 2Put shrimp on skewers, 6-8 per skewer.
- 3Heat grill or stove top ribbed griddle.
- 4Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, shallot and garlic. Saute until onion is soft, about 3-4 minutes, set aside.
- 5Combine lime juice, dill and melted butter in a small bowl.
- 6Spray grill or griddle with Pam. Place shrimp skewers on grill basting them with the lime juice mixture while cooking, about 3 minutes per side. Do not over cook.
- 7Pour remaining lime juice mixture into the olive oil, shallot and garlic mixture, reheat if needed.
- 8Put pasta onto a serving platter, put skewered cooked shrimp on top of the pasta, pour the olive oil and lime juice mixture over the top of everything.
- 9Serve with Italian bread to sop up the juice.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chumley's Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.4
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 360.3 mg
- Sodium 384.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 61.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: