Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe the other night when my wife and girls wanted Alyssa's Favorite Fish, Alyssa's Favorite Fish. I didn't feel like fish so I tried this, I think you will enjoy it. I used whole wheat spaghetti for the pasta, and regular olive oil, you could use what you like. I was hoping to have some of this left over for the next day but I ate it all that night. I put down 2-4 servings but I ate it in one. Sorry!! Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- 8 ounces whole grain pasta
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice - 2-3 lime
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Pam cooking spray
- Cook pasta per box directions, set aside.
- Put shrimp on skewers, 6-8 per skewer.
- Heat grill or stove top ribbed griddle.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, shallot and garlic. Saute until onion is soft, about 3-4 minutes, set aside.
- Combine lime juice, dill and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Spray grill or griddle with Pam. Place shrimp skewers on grill basting them with the lime juice mixture while cooking, about 3 minutes per side. Do not over cook.
- Pour remaining lime juice mixture into the olive oil, shallot and garlic mixture, reheat if needed.
- Put pasta onto a serving platter, put skewered cooked shrimp on top of the pasta, pour the olive oil and lime juice mixture over the top of everything.
- Serve with Italian bread to sop up the juice.