Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The perfect salad to serve at you holiday dinner table --- if desired place slices of red onion rings around the sides of the bowl --- the salad mixture may be mixed, covered tightly with plastic wrap hours ahead but do not toss in the apples until before serving or they tend to discolour, also do not add in the dressing until serving time, if you are serving more than 8 people double the recipe :)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil (do not use olive oil) or 1 cup canola oil (do not use olive oil)
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1 medium granny smith apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or use grated parmesan cheese)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond (can use more)
- For the dressing; in a blender or food processor combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, apple juice concentrate, salt and mustard; cover and process until smooth.
- Slowly add in the oil in a small steady stream (at this point you may refrigerate until ready to use, shake before using).
- For the salad; place all salad ingredients in a large gladd bowl; toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over before serving.
Made this for a Christmas Dinner potluck. Very pretty salad, and I got compliments on the dressing....sweet and tangy, it was a hit!
This was such a fun salad to serve at my family's Christmas gathering. Instead of mixing it altogether in a bowl, I was able to make each plate individually. It was very pretty and well enjoyed. Thank you!
This is the 3rd year I am coming back to this recipe for a great Christmas salad. The dressing is EXCELLENT and I don't change a thing!!
I will be mixing up the greens this year and trying it as a chopped salad and will include walnuts, celery, whole dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and of course the apples, with a base of chopped kale and baby spinach. I know it will be a huge hit at our table of 20.