Recipe by ktenille
My grandma used to make these for us every Christmas. Now I bring them to Christmas on all the other sides of the family. It always ends up with people fighting over the last handful. And it doesn't take very long either. These little suckers are addicting!
Top Review by supernurse
This recipe was fantastic! I used pecans and ate half myself!! I wrapped the nuts in celaphane and tied a christmas bow around the top. It was a great addition to grab bag gifts.
- 1 lb pecan halves (you could use almond halves instead but I like the pecans)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt together.
- Set aside.
- Beat water and egg white together until frothy.
- Coat nuts in egg mixture.
- Add sugar mixture to nuts.
- Mix well.
- Spread on large greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 225 degrees F for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.