Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe given to us by a friend a few years ago. These cookies are very tasty, moist and chewy.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) box brown sugar
- 8 ounces candied cherries, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces candied pineapple, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/2 c of the flour with fruit pieces and walnuts. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, using hands to mix and dust dough with flour to keep dough from getting too sticky.
- Knead in fruit mixture.
- Shape into logs and roll in waxed paper.
- Freeze overnight and slice into 1/4" cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes - do not overbake!
- Dust with sugar while still warm.