Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was on a Christmas card my sister received close to 30 years ago. It quickly became a family favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oatmeal (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Beat egg and vanilla, add to creamed mixture.
- Sift flour, soda, salt and baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until browned.
Interesting & tasty little cookies & a bit different from the usual! My other half took most of them to share at work, & I'm already planning on making them again for several winter holiday get-togethers I'll be hosting! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed ifor onw of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap 22]
Mine must have been a bit small as I got 30 and they took 12 minutes to bake at 175 degree C in a fan forcded oven. Took to the DS's recreation group and they loved them.. Thank you Sheynath. Made for Swap #16 - May 2008.