Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This corn bake has one thing different than all the others: Rotel tomatoes and peppers. I also think the cooking method has alot to do with the final product. (Recipe courtesy of www.ivillage.co.uk)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups cream-style corn (1 can)
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- cheese slice (enough to cover top of casserole)
- Butter a casserole dish. Mix the ingredients, except cheese, and bake covered at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Remove cover and top with cheese slices; bake for 10 more minutes.
I made this when my son had his friends over. I added some cooked shredded chicken, 1/2 diced celery, 1/2 green beans and some garlic powder. Yum. The boys all had three helpings. Hubby and I got one small helping each...lol. But it was worth it. YUM. Thanks for posting this. I will try it without the chicken next time I make it. I had leftover chicken and thought it would go well in this. It did! I also used Kroger diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of the rotel because that's what I had on hand. Still just as good. This is one of those casseroles that lend itself well to different likes and tastes and it doesn't change it much with the additions. Thanks again for this yummy dish!!
This was very good and simple. I used some recipe #145165 that I had leftover from the previous night's dinner and half cooked jasmine rice. Cut the baking time down to about 45 minutes and it was great! Kids loved it and it made a ton at a very good price. Thanks!