Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
These cookies melt in your mouth.
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- food coloring
- butter flavoring
- mint extract
- In a large mixing bowl combine the 1st seven ingredients in order given and mix well.
- Chill dough 2-3 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut with various cookie cutters.
- (Cookie cutters may have to be floured).
- Place on a greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in small bowl.
- Transfer equal amounts of frosting into separate bowls.
- Add desired amount of butter/mint flavoring.
- Mix in food coloring.
- Frost cookies and refrigerate overnight.
These are soooooooo Good!
The cookies tasted sensational. But the cookies lost their form in the oven.
the best x-mas cookie recipe i've ever come across...you can't eat just one!