Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a sweet treat I found in Family Circle. Dough has to rise for 30-60 minutes (not included in prep time).
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This is absolutely delicious and so easy! I used Annacia's idea and made Recipe #102949 in my bread machine on the dough cycle. I followed your recipe exact, except baked my bread in a 9 x 5 Pyrex loaf pan. Good thing, too, because I didn't seal my seams good enough...some filling leaked out into the pan. Temp and time were perfect. Note of caution: DO NOT cut your bread until it cools! (I know it will be an unbearable wait, but trust me!) I couldn't resist and after about 15 minutes, I cut my loaf in half to get a pic and chow down. Unfortunately, a bunch of the filling starting pouring out because it was still hot. I pushed the halves back together and left it for a little while. Then I carefully sliced a piece from one of the ends and tried it. Spectacular! I'm not sure if I ruined the middle of the loaf by slicing too early, but this bread is delicious and the filling is what makes it. Thanks much! I will definitely make again but wait until it cools before trying to cut the loaf! (Made for 1-2-3 Hits)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Roll dough to a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- Top with sugar mixture.
- Starting at one long side, fold dough in thirds to enclose filling.
- Pinch seam tightly to seal.
- Pinch ends and tuck under.
- Set on baking sheet, seam-side down; cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in a warm spot; let rise for 30 minutes to an hour, until doubled in size.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Blend confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth.
- Spread over still-warm loaf.
- Cut into slices.