Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a sweet treat I found in Family Circle. Dough has to rise for 30-60 minutes (not included in prep time).
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Roll dough to a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- Top with sugar mixture.
- Starting at one long side, fold dough in thirds to enclose filling.
- Pinch seam tightly to seal.
- Pinch ends and tuck under.
- Set on baking sheet, seam-side down; cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in a warm spot; let rise for 30 minutes to an hour, until doubled in size.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Blend confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth.
- Spread over still-warm loaf.
- Cut into slices.
This is absolutely delicious and so easy! I used Annacia's idea and made Classic White Bread (abm) in my bread machine on the dough cycle. I followed your recipe exact, except baked my bread in a 9 x 5 Pyrex loaf pan. Good thing, too, because I didn't seal my seams good enough...some filling leaked out into the pan. Temp and time were perfect. Note of caution: DO NOT cut your bread until it cools! (I know it will be an unbearable wait, but trust me!) I couldn't resist and after about 15 minutes, I cut my loaf in half to get a pic and chow down. Unfortunately, a bunch of the filling starting pouring out because it was still hot. I pushed the halves back together and left it for a little while. Then I carefully sliced a piece from one of the ends and tried it. Spectacular! I'm not sure if I ruined the middle of the loaf by slicing too early, but this bread is delicious and the filling is what makes it. Thanks much! I will definitely make again but wait until it cools before trying to cut the loaf! (Made for 1-2-3 Hits)
Lainey, I just love your recipe. This is another 5 star. I made the dough with Classic White Bread (abm) and just spread the butter (heart healthy fat type margarine for me), the brown sugar (1/4 cup Splenda Brown) and the cinnamon. Also I added a few raisins just because I have a lot! I skipped the glaze to avoid all of that sugar and honestly I don't think it was needed. It's a very sweet treat without it.. I cut some holes in the top to show off the filling and baked it on convection @ 325 F for about 40 mins. The cinnamon aroma while baking was pure heaven. Made for Santa's Secret in Photo Tag.