Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
This is something I came up with partly out of necessity (I had to make a cupcake topping and didn't have any heavy cream or icing sugar) and partly because I wanted my cupcakes to be very festive. This would work for frosting cupcakes or cake (I used vanilla, but any type of cake you like would be fine), or even on cookies. You could also substitute white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet if you wanted a more pronounced eggnog flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup eggnog
- 3 -5 candy canes
- Pour eggnog into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for approximately 45 seconds to a minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir in chocolate chips until melted and until mixture is silky (if necessary, microwave in 15 second bursts until completely melted).
- Remove wrappers from candy canes, place in zip top bag (make sure to squeeze air from bag before sealing), smash candy-canes with a mallet or the back of a large spoon.
- Stir crushed candy-canes into chocolate mixture.
- Spread ganache on top of cupcakes or cake.