Recipe by Annacia
This recipe been around for a very long time. They are quick to make go even quicker from the cookie tray or jar. I'm just taking a guess at the weight of the cherry jar. I don't have one in the house.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When it comes to zest I usually add a bit extra [also added dried cherries instead of raisins, & that from someone who LOVES raisins!], but other than that, I followed this recipe right down the line, & came up with very tasty cherry bites made especially for the month of February!! They couldn't be better! Many thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (seedless)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream first 2 ingredients then beat in egg.
- Mix vanilla, lemon peel and milk into the creamed mixture.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt and add to wet mix.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Roll into balls then in crushed corn flakes.
- Put half a cherry on top of each cookie, pushing down a bit.
- Bake 10-15 minutes in 350 oven.