Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great breakfast/brunch for Christmas, using the leftover ham from Christmas Eve. You can substitute the ham with sausage, turkey even shrimp is good! Can even be assembled the night before, stored in the refrigerator, and then cooked when needed.
- 8 slices bread
- 2 cups ham, cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 lb cheese, sharp cheddar, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 cups milk
- Butter and cube the bread.
- Place 1/2 the bread in greased baking dish, add meat and 1/2 cup grated cheese, then top with the rest of the bread.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add milk and seasonings.
- Pour mixture on top of bread. Top with rest of grated cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes or until set.