1 hr 15 mins
Irish Rose's Note:
Here is a cookie that screams Christmas! Although I equate any cookie made with almond paste to Christmas. Very rich, but who cares, the holidays were meant for indulging. We can watch our waistlines later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened and divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (7 ounce) jar can almond paste
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 48 candied red cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream 1/2 cup of the butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- 3Add vanilla. Add flour gradually, mixing well.
- 4Spread in lightly greased 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- 5Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes, or until cookie base is golden.
- 6Remove from oven.
- 7Using the mixer set to medium speed, mix almond paste, remaining 1/4 cup butter, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the eggs.
- 8Spread over cookie base.
- 9Arrange cherries on batter with six across and eight down (48) Do not press cherries into batter.
- 10Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until done. The cookie should feel firm when pressed lightly with fingers.
- 11Remove to rack and let cool.
- 12Meanwhile, combine all glaze ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 13Drizzle chocolate over cooked bonbon mixture. When glaze is set, cut into 48 pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Bonbons
Serving Size: 1 (923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 27.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied red cherries