1 hr 15 mins
Irish Rose's Note:
Here is a cookie that screams Christmas! Although I equate any cookie made with almond paste to Christmas. Very rich, but who cares, the holidays were meant for indulging. We can watch our waistlines later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened and divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (7 ounce) jar can almond paste
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 48 candied red cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream 1/2 cup of the butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- 3Add vanilla. Add flour gradually, mixing well.
- 4Spread in lightly greased 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- 5Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes, or until cookie base is golden.
- 6Remove from oven.
- 7Using the mixer set to medium speed, mix almond paste, remaining 1/4 cup butter, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the eggs.
- 8Spread over cookie base.
- 9Arrange cherries on batter with six across and eight down (48) Do not press cherries into batter.
- 10Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until done. The cookie should feel firm when pressed lightly with fingers.
- 11Remove to rack and let cool.
- 12Meanwhile, combine all glaze ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 13Drizzle chocolate over cooked bonbon mixture. When glaze is set, cut into 48 pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Bonbons
Serving Size: 1 (923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 27.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied red cherries