Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a bit of a different soup. Quite easy to make with a nice rich flavour. It is quite good for company. Do cook the eggs ahead of time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cans cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (or use dried onion)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and sliced
- Combine frozen spinach, soup, milk, onion and boullion in a large saucepan.
- Heat slowly over med heat, stirring occasionally until spinach is thawed, about 20 minutes.
- Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with egg slices (some bacon bits go well also).
- Service with crackers if desired.