Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been making this ever since I was first married (18+ years so far) and my family never gets tired of this.
- 1 kg turkey breast, cut into strips
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can sliced mushroom
- 1 can water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Saute the turkey strips in a little oil until browned.
- Add the celery, onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Stir-fry until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the brown sugar, salt and soy sauce, cook for an additional 10 minutes until ready.
- Serve with plain white rice.
This is a great way to use up turkey left-overs. I used chopped already roasted turkey, fresh mushrooms and some fresh brocolli. I didn't have any water chestnuts, so I omitted them. I also added some Chinese Chow Mein Noodles (dried) at the end and let them steam for a couple of minutes. I will make this again......
I loved this dish. I don't eat chicken but I do eat turkey and I am always looking for a new way to make it. I will be making this again
I really enjoyed the flavor of this easy recipe - I did a two for one - I made half the recipe exactly as laid out and I made the other half vegetarian. All I did instead of adding turkey I added a veggie chicken patty that I had cut in strips. Enjoyed by the vegetarian too! Thanks Mirj for another excellent recipe