Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was with a McCormick brand seasoning ad in the Feb. 2007 Bon Appetit. Any smoked sausage can be substituted. A good crusty loaf of bread is a must to sop up the delicious sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 bay leaves, broken in half
- 1 lb spanish chorizo sausage, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped (not oil packed)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook and stir about 5 minute or until onions are translucent.
- Add paprika; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cider and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minute
- Add chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes; simmer 5 minute longer.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with hearty bread for dipping into the sauce.
- Note: Unsmoked Mexican chorizo can be substituted, but the simmer time will be at least 10 minute longer.