Recipe by JessFontenot
I had this quesadilla at a Mexican restaurant nearby in Pelham, Alabama before a Coldplay concert. I told the server there are chorizo & goat cheese quesadillas in Heaven. Seriously.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, medium in size
- 6 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 12 ounces chorizo sausage, removed from casings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, cold-pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and break up chorizo in skillet on medium heat. Drain, set aside, and wipe out skillet for the quesadillas.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of oil for each quesadilla.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in skillet to medium or medium-high, depending on your burner. When the oil is glistening, it's ready. Don't wait until it smokes.
- Place a tortilla in the oil. Spread half with softened goat cheese and sprinkle chorizo to your liking and fold in half.
- Let brown for a minute or so, peeking often so as to not burn it.
- Carefully flip it over and brown the other side.
- Repeat with the other 3 tortillas and the rest of the cheese and sausage.