1/2 Photos of Chorizo Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Another great rustic bread thats great with cheeses, salad, and beer.
My Private Note
round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, in bulk "or' casings removed
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a medium heavy skillet cook chorizo until done and slightly crisp.
- 3Drain thoroughly.
- 4In a large bowl stir together flour, cheese, onion, sugar, baking powder, cumin and baking soda.
- 5In another large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 6Stin in milk.
- 7Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 8Stir in melted butter and chorizo.
- 9Slowly add the flour mixture until just moist.
- 10Spoon into a greased cast iron skillet.
- 11Bake for about 50 minutes.
- 12Tap the top of bread, and if it sounds hollow it's done.
- 13Top with cheese and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- 14Remove and cool for 10 minutes.
- 15Turn out onto a rack and cool at least another 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5015.5
- Calories from Fat 2840
- Total Fat 315.5 g
- Saturated Fat 172.2 g
- Cholesterol 1276.3 mg
- Sodium 7376.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 360.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 182.0 g