Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this salad one night from some fridge leftovers and was very pleased with it. It works well as light main course, but will serve up to four as a side. It's great to make the night before and take to work for lunch too, since the flavours improve after the salad sits for a while. I like it best with the spicy chorizo.
- Fry the sliced chorizo until cooked.
- Drain off the fat and set aside.
- You may also cook the sausages in the oven if you prefer.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a deep frying pan and sauté the cabbage until it softens, about five minutes.
- You may need to sprinkle a couple spoonfuls of water over and cover for a couple minutes, just to create some steam to help cook the cabbage.
- When the cabbage is soft, add in the chickpeas and cook for another 30 seconds, just enough to heat the chickpeas.
- Remove from the heat and combine the chorizo with the cabbage mixture.
- Stir in the garlic, mix again and season with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or put in the fridge and eat cold.