Recipe by mariposa13
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Top Review by anme
I made this for my friend to take to work for a snack yesterday and scaled it down to serve about two. Well he likes it SO much that he called me with his mouth half full saying how amazing this tortilla cheesy thingy (in his exact words haha) was! He LOVED the spice this dish had. Said the "kick" is what made this so good. Excellent recipe!
- 8 ounces bulk chorizo sausages or 8 ounces mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- vegetable-flavored tortillas or plain flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, and (Mexican farmer cheese, 4 oz.) or 1 cup queso fresco (Mexican farmer cheese, 4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- For filling, in a medium skillet cook chorizo or sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Pat chorizo mixture with paper towels to remove as much additional fat as possible.
- Stir in jalapeno pepper; set aside.
- Brush one side of 3 tortillas with half of the cooking oil.
- Place tortillas, oiled sides down, on a large baking sheet. Spread the chorizo filling over tortillas on baking sheet. Combine cheese and cilantro or parsley; sprinkle over filling.
- Top with the remaining tortillas. Brush with the remaining oil.
- Place quesadillas on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until filling is heated through and tortillas are starting to brown, turning once halfway through grilling.
- To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges.
- Nutritional facts per serving.
- calories: 232, total fat: 14g, saturated fat: 6g, cholesterol: 32mg, sodium: 346mg, carbohydrate: 15g, fiber: 1g, protein: 10g, vitamin C: 4%.