Source: Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bulk chorizo sausages or 8 ounces mild Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- vegetable-flavored tortillas or plain flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, and (Mexican farmer cheese, 4 oz.) or 1 cup queso fresco (Mexican farmer cheese, 4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1For filling, in a medium skillet cook chorizo or sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- 2Pat chorizo mixture with paper towels to remove as much additional fat as possible.
- 3Stir in jalapeno pepper; set aside.
- 4Brush one side of 3 tortillas with half of the cooking oil.
- 5Place tortillas, oiled sides down, on a large baking sheet. Spread the chorizo filling over tortillas on baking sheet. Combine cheese and cilantro or parsley; sprinkle over filling.
- 6Top with the remaining tortillas. Brush with the remaining oil.
- 7Place quesadillas on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat.
- 8Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until filling is heated through and tortillas are starting to brown, turning once halfway through grilling.
- 9To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges.
- 10Nutritional facts per serving.
- 11calories: 232, total fat: 14g, saturated fat: 6g, cholesterol: 32mg, sodium: 346mg, carbohydrate: 15g, fiber: 1g, protein: 10g, vitamin C: 4%.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Cheese Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 817.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 18.0 g