Recipe by lazyme
From Margaret Johnson at irishabroad.com. She says: if you love lamb, this marinade made with Locke's Irish whiskey and plenty of thyme is perfect for a late summer barbeque. Marinate the chops for at least 12 hours before you plan to grill them and serve with your favorite potato salad. Times do not include the time to marinate. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1⁄2 cup Irish whiskey (Locke's brand)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 lamb chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the whiskey, olive oil, garlic, onion, thyme, rosemary, cayenne, salt, pepper, and ginger in a sealable jar and shake to blend.
- Place the lamb in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade.
- Grill 4 inches from the heat source, for 5 minutes on each side (for rare).
- Brush once with the marinade after turning.