My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red onion, minced (small to medium)
- 1 cucumber, peeled if waxed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Make the vinaigrette: combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender; turn the machine on; a creamy emulsion will form within 30 seconds; taste and add more vinegar a teaspoon at a time until the balance tastes right to you.
- 2Add in the garlic clove and turn the machine on and off a few times until the garlic is minced within the dressing; taste again and adjust seasoning.
- 3Make the salad: combine the vegetables and the lettuce in a bowl; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; toss.
- 4Drizzle with ½ cup vinaigrette; toss again, taste and adjust seasoning; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Salad
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g