Authentic Filipino meal of stir fried chicken, vegetables, and cashews. Serve over rice.
Make and share this Chop Suey Con Casuy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 head cabbage, cut into pieces
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, quartered
- 10 mushroom pieces
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces cashews, toasted
- Cut chicken breasts into paper thin slices. Combine with cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and egg white.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetables and saute for 3 minutes. Add remaining soy sauce. Transfer to platter and set aside.
- Add remaining oil into same skillet and turn to high heat. Saute chicken for 2 minutes until cooked.
- Return cooked vegetables to skillet. Add hot broth. Stir to combine all ingredients thoroughly. Cook for one minute. Garnish with cashews.