- 200 g rice, Basmati
- 200 g green gram (cholia)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch ginger, julienned (adrak)
- 4 cloves (laung)
- 2 g cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- 3 g black cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 600 ml water, hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the ginger, cloves, cinnamon stick, black cardamoms, and bay leaves; sauté for 2 minutes. Add the horse gram, sauté for 3 minutes and then add the rice. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the water and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Cover the pan with a heavy lid and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or till the rice is done.