Recipe by Creative Baker
This cake is super chocolaty, and my mom makes it all the time. It blows every cake lover away!
Top Review by jVo
My husband (the chocolate lover) thanks you! It was easy enough that I didn't have to whine about making him a cake! Way too many calories for me though, so next time I'm going to use light butter and Splenda...we'll see what happens.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup strong coffee (brewed)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray your 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine chocolate, butter and coffee in a pan over a low heat just until hot. add sugar, egg and extract to your chocolate mixture. remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together your flour, soda, and salt. add that into your chocolate-sugar mixture until creamy.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy :).