Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is super chocolaty, and my mom makes it all the time. It blows every cake lover away!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup strong coffee (brewed)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray your 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine chocolate, butter and coffee in a pan over a low heat just until hot. add sugar, egg and extract to your chocolate mixture. remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together your flour, soda, and salt. add that into your chocolate-sugar mixture until creamy.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy :).
My husband (the chocolate lover) thanks you! It was easy enough that I didn't have to whine about making him a cake! Way too many calories for me though, so next time I'm going to use light butter and Splenda...we'll see what happens.
Easy to do and yummy to eat - I will make it regularly from now on - thanks !!!