Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious chocolate cake made with fresh brewed coffee for an incredible flavor.
Make and share this Chocolate Zip (Bundt) Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Brew up a fresh pot of coffee (espresso works wonderfully too!), and allow the coffee to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs and sugar, and then add in vanilla, oil, and coffee. Continue mixing.
- Next add in the dry ingredients, continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 60 minutes in a 12 cup bundt pan, until toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Cake forms a beautiful crust.
- Can be served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Quite a tasty wee cake. What I REALLY loved about it was that it literally took me 5 minutes to put together (using the leftover coffee from breakfast!). Mine took about 70 minutes to bake
A wonderful moist cake. And so easy to put together! My company really enjoyed this! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
Wow, the coffee actually makes the cake intensely chocolate-flavored! Very moist, delicious, and a perfect base for some pure vanilla ice cream. Thanks so much for posting this!