This makes a light, creamy, elegant ending to an Italian meal. Recipe courtesy Giada Laurentis
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add cream and chocolate to a heavy small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, Marsala, and salt in a large glass bowl until blended. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, but do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water. Whisk the egg mixture over the simmering water until it is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes.(This step could take up to 12 minutes) Remove from the heat.
- 3Using a large rubber spatula, fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- 4Divide the strawberries among 6 coupe dishes. Pour the warm zabaglione over the strawberries and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Zabaglione
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 293.2 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g