Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This makes a light, creamy, elegant ending to an Italian meal. Recipe courtesy Giada Laurentis
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Add cream and chocolate to a heavy small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, Marsala, and salt in a large glass bowl until blended. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, but do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water. Whisk the egg mixture over the simmering water until it is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes.(This step could take up to 12 minutes) Remove from the heat.
- Using a large rubber spatula, fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Divide the strawberries among 6 coupe dishes. Pour the warm zabaglione over the strawberries and serve.
This deserves a beautiful picture cookie, this recipe was so easy and so elegant, but I must say I didn't know whether to drink it or eat it.... so I did both. It was delicious and I would encourage others to make it. *keeper* ~V