Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We bought a large torte pan with a removeable bottom just for this recipe. It can be made in a springform cheese cake pan, but it looks much nicer in the classic torte shape. This a very rich desert from all of the eggs in it. This is a diet breaker!
- Toast pecans in oil until brown.
- Course grind tosted pecans.
- Combine pecans, graham cracker crumbs and butter and 2 tbsp sugar to make crust.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a large torte pan or 9in sprinform pan.
- Bake crust at 350 deg F for 5 minute.
- In a small sauce pan combine chocolate chips and whipping cream.
- Stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, flour and 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Beat mixture 10 min or until mixture is thick.
- Fold in 1/4 of chocolate mixture to temper the egg mixture.
- Fold in remaining chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 45 min or until it puffs up 1/2 way to the center.
- Cool for 4 hours before serving.