Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Taste of Home
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate cookie pie crust
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup cream; cook on HIGH for 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form.
- Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one-third at a time; mix well.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
I made this for my husband, and he said it's the best pie he's ever ate! So simple too! I put a dollop of seedless raspberry perseves on top and it was excellent.You've got to try it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Amazing pie! I made it for my mother in laws birthday and she said not to lose the recipe. It is very rich and super chocolaty. I didn't have anything to make the chocolate crust so I made a regular graham cracker crust. I think it would be to much with a chocolate crust (I can't believe I said that). I will try this with milk chocolate chips because my son found it to be to intense. If that goes well I can see myself making the filling in cups for a class party. This is defiantly going to be a family favorite.
I made this on 11/26/08 and kept it frozen until 11/28/08. And as for the rating, my SO is the one that gave it 4 *'s. I did however eat some of the filling that was left in the bowl ;) and it was so rich. Since I couldn't find a chocolate pie crust, a regular graham cracker crust was used. My SO really liked this, and in my opinion that makes this recipe worth repeating. Thanks for posting, and "Keep Smiling :)"