Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Very rich and chocolaty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled chocolate sandwich style cookies (18 cookies if you can't find the crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (optional) or 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (optional)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix crushed cookies and butter; press firmly onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add melted chocolate and liqueur; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; return cake to oven to cool slowly. Cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.