Recipe by Golden Sunflower
I found this recipe after 20 years - I wouldn't change a thing. Serve w/sweetened whipped cream! Delicious!!
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 8 inch spring-form pan.
- Mix lightly eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar - do not over beat - set aside.
- Combine the rest of the sugar and water in a pan. Bring to a boil to melt sugar - lower heat.
- Whisk in vanilla and semi-sweet chocolate until melted. When chocolate is melted, add in unsweetened chocolate and butter - take off heat and whisk until melted.
- Cool chocolate mixture and whisk in eggs to combine.
- Pour mixture into spring-form pan. Place pan in water bath.
- Cook for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes - then on rack to cool completely.
- Garnish and serve with - Whipped cream and strawberries - Enjoy!