Recipe by iondi2
This is one of the recipes I use especially for Christmas baking, but it is a favorite any time of the year. I normally double the recipe--they can be refrigerated pretty well if you don't finish them--but it's up to you to decide how much you want to make :)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped almonds or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first six ingredients and blend well.
- Pat evenly in a greased 13 x 9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for around 30 minutes (until golden brown on top).
- Right when it comes out of the oven, put the chocolate chips on top (let them sit/melt a bit, then spread). Sprinkle with nuts.
- Let it cool completely in pan, then cut into squares and enjoy!