Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Toffee oatmeal cookie squares topped with semisweet chocolate and chopped walnuts. From the "Cook's Encyclopedia".
- Preheat oven to 400°F, grease a 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Mix together butter, oats, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Press into prepared pan and bake 15 to 18 minutes until the mixture is brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle on the chocolate, set aside for 10 minutes, then spread the chocolate over the base.
- Sprinkle on nuts, cool on a wire rack, then cut into squares.
I really loved this recipe. Taste wise I would give it a 5 star, but it was not quite what I expected consistency wise. I think maybe I should have baked it a little longer. It was a bit chewy, I was expecting something with a little more crunch. I will be making this again and I will cook a couple of more minutes. All in all, a great recipe.