Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from the show Sweet Dreams with Gale Gand. She learned this from the head pastry chef at Valrhona Chocolates. These are easy and oh so good!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup other nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and caramelize it on high heat, stirring constantly. It will turn a nice amber brown in about 5 minutes. When it is a uniform caramel color, add the butter and stir it in good.
- Once mostly combined, add the chocolate and nuts, if using, and stir to blend. Pour it out onto a parchment lined baking pan, and spread it with a spatula 1/8-inch thick.
- Let it cool and break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!