Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Okay you say you are a chocoholic? Well, if you answered yes and you think you have had everything chocolate there is....think again. This is a recipe that my first cousin claims to have invented and we have eaten it since we were kids. I must confess that I still make it once in a blue moon. Great with scrambled eggs.
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nestle Quik chocolate milk mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- On each piece of bread spread 1 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Over the sugar spread 2 tablespoons of the Nestle Quik on each piece.
- Cut 1 tbsp of butter in chunks and place over the chocolate sugar layer.
- Toast in the toaster oven or oven "just until the butter starts to melt".
- Remove from oven and with a spoon make a paste of the ingredients (I kinda pull it all into the middle of the bread and stir it together) and spread it out. (sometimes you need a little more butter to make the paste).
- Return to oven and toast some more until bottom of bread is toasted and top is kinda chocolate crust. Don't let it broil on top though or it will become some sort of burnt chocolate yuck.