1/2 Photos of Chocolate Surprise Muffins
Susiecat too's Note:
Ssshhhhh! The surprises are: 1) the raspberry in the center, and 2) these muffins are good for you, with bran and wheat germ, and no added fats! Don't tell, and they will never know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease muffin tins.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the milk. Mix in the beaten egg, honey and vanilla.
- 3Add the bran and wheat germ, mix and let stand for several minutes to absorb the liquids.
- 4Into another bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Stir together well.
- 5Add to the wet mixture and stir only until combined.
- 6Drop mixture into muffin tins until 1/3 full.
- 7Add 1 heaping teaspoon raspberry preserves to the middle of each muffin tin.
- 8Top with remaining muffin batter until each tin is 3/4 full.
- 9Place the muffin tins on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, until muffins have a firm feel and slightly springs back when lightly touched.
- 10Let cool 5 minutes in the tins, then turn out and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Surprise Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 243.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g