These cookies are great anytime and make a nice addition to your holiday cookie and sweets trays. Everyone will love them! The cooking time is per tray of cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix 1 cup confectionary sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Beat in evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and nuts. Mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll immediately in vanilla and confectionary sugar mixture.
- Let cool.
These did not make my favored Christmas cookie list. My family thought they were dry and not worth the ingredients.
These cookies were a real hit with our family. They loved the chocolate interior and the confectioners sugar on the top. I might omit the vanilla in the confectioner's coating because it wasn't as smooth as I'd wished, but the taste overall was still great. The kids are clamoring for more, so they are going to be on my Christmas cookie list. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Linda!