1/1 Photo of Chocolate Sheet Cake With Peanut Butter Suede
HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)'s Note:
This is my all-time favorite devil's food chocolate cake. Inspired by Anne Byrn the Cake Mix Doctor I have become quite a fan of jazzing up cake mix. I have a host of decadent frostings for all my cakes, but let me entice you here to try this deep rich chocolate cake adorned with what I call suede. If you love peanut butter and chocolate and who doesn't...you're going to love this super easy cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package pudding-enhanced devil's food cake mix
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350F. Mist a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Set aside.
- 2COMBINE the cake mix, cocoa powder, buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until the batter is thick and smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3BAKE the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, approximately 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes more and then slip the whole cake still in the pan into your freezer. (Frozen cakes are much easier to frost.) Now you can prepare the suede frosting.
- 4COMBINE peanut butter and butter with your electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, stop the machine. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk, and the vanilla. Continue to blend on low until the sugar is well combined. Increase the speed and beat until frosting has a texture resembling suede. Use at once to frost cake.
- 5STORE covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sheet Cake With Peanut Butter Suede
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.5
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 558.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 10.9 g