Recipe by roxy_froggy25
This bar is perfect for any kind of get-together! Peanut butter and chocolate make the perfect combination with the oats!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm with the first reviewer when it came to heating the oven & then nothing more about baking, thus the 4 stars! So, when the bars were completely prepared (I actually used 2/3 cup of chunky peanut butter & then added another 1/4 cup of raisins to the mix), I baked them for almost 30 minutes, & the resulting bars made for a very satisfying treat! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x9-inch pan, and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate covered raisins and peanut butter in the microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring after each. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan and spread with a knife or back of spoon.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or over night. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.