1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Pumpkin Marble Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
A delicious holiday cake, good for Thanksgiving but goes well any time of the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until well blended; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in vanilla.
- 2Scrape half the mixture into another bowl.
- 3Pumpkin batter: beat pumpkin into half the butter mixture until well blended; in another bowl, stir together 1 3/4 Cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and beat on low speed or fold in with a flexible spatula just until blended.
- 4Chocolate batter: in another bowl, mix remaining 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and the cocoa; add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk to the other half of the butter mixture (starting and ending with flour mixture), beating after each addition just until blended.
- 5Spoon half the pumpkin batter into a buttered and floured 12-cup bundt-cake pan; drop half the chocolate batter by spoonfuls over (but not enterly covering) the pumpkin batter; repeat to spoon remaining pumpkin and chocolate batters into pan.
- 6Gently run the blade of a butter knife around the center of the pan several times, then draw the knife across the width of the pan in 10-12 places to swirl batters.
- 7Bake in a 350° oven until a wood skewer inserted into center of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 55-60 minutes.
- 8Let cake cool 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a rack, lift off pan, and cool cake completely before glazing.
- 9Chocolate glaze: in a heat proof bowl or the top of a double boiler, combine semisweet chocolate, whipping cream, butter and corn syrup; Bring an inch or two of water to a boil in a pan that the bowl can nest in, or in the bottom of a double boiler, then remove from heat and place the bowl with the chocolate mixture over the water and let it stand, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- 10Pour warm chocolate glaze over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides; sprinkle glaze with peanuts if desired.
- 11Let stand until the glaze is set, about 2 hours, or chill 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Pumpkin Marble Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.8
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 183.4 mg
- Sodium 543.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 52.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g