Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe came from the Kraft Foods fall edition. I took their suggestion to save calories and made the appropriate adjustments. I chose also to use a graham cracker crust rather than an Oreo cookie crust, but either works equally well. I didn't have any chocolate to curl for garnish for the photo, but that wouldn't add TOO many calories and might just have to be included next time!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 6 ounces oreo cookie prepared pie crusts (or graham cracker crust, your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- Pour milk into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dry pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of pudding mix into crust.
- Gently stir 1 cup of whipped topping into remaining pudding mix still in the bowl.
- Spoon over pudding layer in the crust.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Store in refrigerator.
My husband wanted pudding pie but I am watching his waistline (wink wink!) so this recipe was a lifesaver! I see that a "1 oz" pudding pkg is listed but all I could find where I live was a 1.4 oz pkg---I weighed out 1 oz for this recipe but now I think the whole pkg could have been used--so I may do that next time. I used skim milk as well & a reduced fat graham cracker crust. It was kind of warm that day so the pie didn't "set" as well after 3 hours--but hubby still loved it. This may sound "rookie" but I wasn't sure if the pie should be covered in the fridge. Needs to be uncovered in order to firm up--just in case anyone has the same questions!! I hope to make this again--it was so so easy & good
I was looking for a Christmas meal dessert that was both chocolate and light and this fit the bill perfectly! Everyone that opted for this over the heavy pecan pie, was pleasantly surprised with the flavor and lovely texture your pie recipe offered. * I did use skim milk in place of the 1% milk and layered it on a chocolate crumb crust. Thanks so much!
This is such an easy and satisfying dessert - that I don't feel bad about eating either!!! Since I'm not a big fan of straight-up cool whip, I'll double the pudding mixture next time so that my pie is full, and then won't top with any extra cool whip.