Recipe by *Alia*
I'm not certain where I got this recipe from, but after making it, I did change the order of a few things as I ran into the same trouble as others. Once the recipe was altered a bit, it turned out much better.
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
This is one of those recipes where I had a preconceived idea of what I was making, and was so wrong! I ended up altering the recipe to a point where I can't really rate it with stars. I am still baffled as to how I can in step 6, cool to room temp, and then in 7, stir till creamy. Once my chocolate was at a soft ball stage and starts to cool, it hardens.....there is no stirring until creamy once it starts to harden.
- 1 1⁄2 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in pan.
- Add sugar, milk, water and butter.
- Add salt to taste.
- Boil to soft ball stage and remove from heat.
- Stir until creamy.
- Add vanilla and popped popcorn.
- Pour into buttered shallow pan.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares when set.