Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmmm..... Chocolate Pixes. If a brownie were a cookie, this is what it would look like. Amazingly delicious. My mom used to fill the cookie jar with these. I revamped the recipe with cocoa powder, which is always available in my kitchen.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 5 ounces oil (a little over 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- Combine cocoa with oil.
- Add sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to cocoa mixture.
- Chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop by teaspoon in powdered sugar, coating entirely.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Remove immediately, taking care so as to retain shape.
- Cookie will be solid on the outside and soft on the inside.
This recipe was perfect! My family LOVED these! Just as good, if not better than my Grandma's recipe. I was a little skeptical about using the cocoa powder and oil instead of the usual bakers chocolate but they were a huge hit! They were gone the next day!
My family loved these cookies! My youngest is a chocoholic and they were a big hit with him! Am keeping this recipe in my cookbook and will be making them again. Too good to wait until Christmas to make!