Recipe by Sueie
Chocolate and nuts combined to make a favourite cookie in our house. Great with coffee for morning tea.
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup crushed nuts
- 1 cup crushed nuts, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat buttter, essence, sugar and egg in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in sifted flour and cocoa, then chopped nuts.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls, roll in extra nuts, place on greased trays, allowing about 5 cm between biscuits flatten slightly.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Lift onto wire rack to cool.