Recipe by sugarpea
Kids have fun making these peanut butter-filled chocolate cookies with chocolate chips. The peanut butter centers stay creamy inside the cake-like cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cookies: Cream butter, shortening and sugars; add eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed; sift dry ingredients except chocolate chips together, add to creamed mixture and mix well; stir in chocolate chips.
- Firm dough by chilling 1 hour.
- Filling: Cream peanut butter and brown sugar together.
- Assemble Cookies: Scoop dough by 1 1/4" scoop or heaping tablespoonful onto baking sheet; make thumbprint in center of cookie; drop peanut butter filling into each thumbrint.
- Flatten another scoop of dough in hand and cover each cookie, pressing edges together a bit.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bottom cookie edge is slightly browned.
- Carefully transfer to rack and cool.