Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Chocolate and peanut butter. Yummy! Don't forget to allow 24 hour chill time for this heavenly dessert.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch.
- Stir together milk, peanut butter and vanilla; add to sugar mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Chill until set or up to 24 hours.
This was very good, but DH told me he would prefer it in a pie if I make it again. He thought it was a little too much to eat just plain. I served it for Mother's Day and had my parents over for dinner. Mom thought it was wonderful and wants the recipe, but Dad just kind of 'ho-hummed'. I enjoyed it, but like Eve mentioned, it turned out very thick so I will probably reduce the amount of cornstarch next time too (and use it as a cream pie filling). Thanks for sharing Kaccy!
Love the chocolate peanutty flavour. I followed the directions to a T, I found it a little thick so will use less cornstarch next time, teenage son adored it. Thanks for sharing.