Kraft has introduced, here in Canada, a chocolate peanut butter. I knew I had to try it in an ice cream, and came up with this yummy dessert. But it's not just me who likes it; so far, everyone who has tried it has been impressed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together the first four ingredients, milk to salt, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Turn off heat.
- 2Using a small ladle or spoon, add about 2 tablespoons of the milk mixture into beaten egg, whisking egg mixture constantly as the hot liquid is added to prevent the egg from clumping up. I do this a dribble at a time.
- 3Whisking milk mixture constantly, pour egg mixture back into the pot in a very slow, thin stream. When egg is completely whisked in, turn heat back on, to medium.
- 4Whisking constantly, cook egg mixture for just two minutes, then turn off heat and remove pot from burner.
- 5Place the chocolate peanut butter in a small bowl and whisk about half the milk mixture in and combine well, then add this mixture back into the pot, combining all well. Scrape into a bowl (it will be thick), cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely cold (about 3 hours should do it).
- 6After mixture is cold, remove from fridge and whisk in the light cream. The peanut butter mixture will be very stiff so it's slow-going at first, but bear with it as it will all come together. Once the peanut butter mixture is completely combined with the light cream, whisk in the heavy cream and the vanilla.
- 7Prepare ice cream according to the directions that came with your ice cream maker; I let my Cuisinart ice cream maker run for about 25 minutes and that worked well.
- 8Freeze for several hours to harden. This mixture yields slightly less than one quart.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 61.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate peanut butter