Chocolate chips, pecans, peanut butter chips-it had me there. From the Barefoot Contessa show, Wedding Anniversary(her and Jeffrey's 45th!). She's replicating a delicious cookie from a restaurant in New York. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder, such as Medaglia d'Oro
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole walnut halves (not chopped)
- 1 cup whole pecan halves (not chopped)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips, such as Reese's
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a few sheet pans with parchment paper.
- 2In a bowl set over simmering water, melt the butter, 6 ounces of the chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally, until just melted. Remove from the heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, espresso powder, and vanilla until combined. Add the sugar, raise the speed to medium-high, and beat for 2 minutes, until the batter is thick and falls back on itself in a ribbon. Set aside.
- 4With the mixer on low, slowly add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Combine the 1/3 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and fold it into the chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula. In another bowl, combine the walnuts, pecans, peanut butter chips, the remaining 6 ounces of chocolate chips, and the tablespoon of flour and fold it into the chocolate mixture. With 2 soup spoons, drop rounded mounds of batter 1 inch apart onto the prepared sheet pans. Bake for 15 minutes exactly. Cool on the baking sheets.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Globs
Serving Size: 1 (1133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 72.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g